Useful links that caught my eye:
- The curse of Twitter – Telegraph – Good round-up of how organisations have got Twitter wrong. Includes examples such as Union boss Derek Simpson tweeting about talks with British Airways, causing rioters to make an appearance, disrupting the meeting.
- Results At Virtual World Habbo Hotel Rebound | paidContent:UK – Who talks about virtual worlds anymore? Habbo Hotels owners Sulake has however posted its best quarter ever from selling virtual goods in-world. Interesting to note that Habbo Hotels has a very respectable 15 million unique users up from 11.5 18 months ago. Compare that to the 2008 success story Second Life where the number of actual human beings logging in is probably less than a million.
- 8 Ways to Integrate Social Media and Online Advertising « Shannon Paul’s Very Official Blog – As usual Shannon comes out with some excellent insights. Definitely worth reading her eight ways to integrate social media with paid search
- Bing xRank – it’s rubbish as it can’t distinguise volcanos from 90s bands » malcolm coles – Good post by @malcolmcoles on the gaps in Bing’s xRank – it listed ‘Ash’ (the name of a 90s band) as the top ranked celebrity on 17 May 2010, the day when the volcanic ash eruptions were closing airports in Western Europe again.
- Behind the Logo – a set on Flickr – Greenpeace runs a competition inviting people to redesign the BP logo